Who We Are - Vision/Mission
IJNP is committed to:
- finding great stories that have the potential to spiritually impact mainstream audiences.
- helping those movies get made with excellence and distributed around the world.
- maximizing the spiritual potential through planning the ministry follow-up to the films.
What We Believe
- The Bible is inerrant and infallible.
(2 Timothy 3:16-17)
Our feature films and documentaries will uphold and support the fact that the Bible is inerrant and infallible in its original form. Additionally, our films should never contradict the clear teachings of the Bible.
- The Bible is the guide for all faith and practice.
(2 Timothy 3:16b-17)
Our films will show the relevance and wisdom of living our lives based on God’s Word. Additionally, our studio will operate based on Biblical principles including: stewardship, accountability, excellence, faith, and love.
- Where the Bible is clear, we will be emphatic. Where the Bible is silent, we must allow people freedom.
(2 Corinthians 3:17, Romans 14:1-4)
Our films will not take hard positions on areas that are “grey” or disputable. We will unify around the essentials included in this list. We will require creative liberties to display Biblical Truths through film and special effects as best we can. (e.g. an angel or demon).
- Jesus Christ is God in human flesh.
(John 1:1, Matt 1:20-23, Heb 4:15, 1 Pet 3:18, 1 Cor 15:17, Acts 1:9, Acts 2:31-35, Dan 7:13-14)
Our films will teach and even show that Jesus as described in the Bible: His diety, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His atoning death for our sins, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory.
- All people are eternally lost; salvation is by faith in Jesus Christ apart from human works.
Our films will consistently show and uphold the Gospel message that salvation is based on faith in Jesus Christ apart from human works. We must be born-again in order to be saved. God expects and is pleased by Christians who do good works as led by faith and empowered by God, but good works cannot save anyone.
- Jesus Christ is the head and authority of the body of Christ.
Our Studio and each of our productions will operate with Jesus Christ as their head and authority. Hence, we will only work with producers who are Christians, they form the headship for the project. We will work together to support them but also hold them accountable.
- All ministries that are effective must be empowered by the Holy Spirit.
We believe our studio and films are a work of God and cannot be accomplished nor successfully impact this world if we are not empowered by the Holy Spirit. Obedience to God is a requirement for being empowered by the Holy Spirit.
- God moves in response to our united and personal prayer.
We are dependent on God and the prayers of His people. We will raise up a dedicated prayer team for our studio and our film productions.
- The glory of God is the motive of our ministry.
(1 Corinthians 10:31)
Our anchoring principle is that everything we do must be for the glory of God. Our films accomplish nothing if they do not bring glory to God. We believe we glorify God through both our movies’ messages as well as their quality. Hence we will strive to make our movies with excellence on par with Hollywood.
- Effective witnessing requires preparation.
(1 Peter 3:15)
Our feature films and documentaries must always be well researched and backed by intellectual credulity. Support materials will likely be included in our DVD releases.
- Effective witnessing should be delivered with love, gentleness and respect.
(1 Peter 3:15, Ephesians 4:15)
Our films will provide a very large platform from which to speak the Truth. It is critical that we speak the Truth in love, with gentleness and respect.
- Effective witnessing shows life change, before and after one is saved.
(Luke 15:10, Luke 8:26-39, John 9:2-3)
Our films must show sin and sinners in order to bring glory to God. Every good witness has both a before and after Jesus Christ contrast. The before Jesus Christ, sinful portion is required for the world to relate to our stories, as well as appreciate the redemptive and transforming power of the Gospel Message.
- Our Lord Jesus gave us the Great Commission: to preach the Gospel and make disciples in every nation.
Our films will be made with excellence on par with Hollywood to appeal to a global audience. International audiences love Hollywood films, not simply because they come from the U.S., but more because they are drawn to the higher creative and technical qualities that come with larger budgets.
- The body in Christ achieves its greatest impact when the lay people are equipped.
Our feature films, documentaries and the supplemental teaching materials on our DVDs will equip believers with the tools needed to have important spiritual conversations with their friends, family, neighbors and co-workers. Maximum impact is achieved when believers are engaged in the work of evangelism and disciple making.